Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Long time no see!

It´s been a while. I got discouraged by the fact that Blogger wouldn´t let me post pics, so I started slacking off on the whole blogging biz. I´ve finished lots and lots of knitting since my last post and I´ll have to try and show you everything.

First try for pics:

PICT0576
This is my Cashmmmmere Sweater (Ravelry link) made out of a cashmere, viscose and wool blend, really heavy and warm sweater perfect for the winter that has passed... ;-)) I still like it a bunch, though. More FO´s tomorrow since the pics are obviously working again!!! Yeah

For the last couple of weeks, I´ve been thinking a whole lot about sewing again and last week I got out all my old issues of Burda Fashion, ordered some fabric (which I needed like a whole in the wall, I already have a huge stash) and started mulling over what to sew. I finally picked out a cotton blouse, sleeveless, tied over the bust and buttoned beneath that. I copied the pattern, cut it out and started sewing on my cheapo, old sewing machine, when all of a sudden the damn thing started sending smoke signals from where the motor sits... totally shot.
Not that I was really sad about that: I´ve been waiting for that to happen so I could justify buying a new one. ;-) The timing was less than perfect though, because it wasn´t in the budget right now. I ignored that and ordered a new Brother Innov-ís 200. It arrived yesterday and I practically haven´t stopped sewing since. Finished the blouse this morning and started a wrap dress from an old Burda easy fashion (summer 2006). I am using a creme and dark green jersey for it that has a really nice drape. It has an allover leaf pattern in dark green on the creme background. The only thing left to do on it is seaming the skirt. I want to wear it at my uncle´s 70th birhtday party on friday.

Pictures will follow tomorrow, once I put the blouse and the dress on my dressmakers doll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home