Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Just thinking...

I have been thinking lately about trying to take my sewing to a higher level. Reading some great blogs like this or that have really gotten me thinking about high quality sewing and not just finishing for the sake of having something merely wearable and also vintage patterns. A while ago I bought these books, just sort of looked through them and put them away. Over at PR I saw that they were offering a Couture Hand Sewing Class and just for the heck of it, I signed up, not really into it all that much. The class and the books didn´t touch me until this morning over coffee. See, last night I cut out a new skirt (BWOF 130-08-2005). I´m using a red polka dot chiffon PICT0604
(the top fabric) and I didn´t know what to for a hem. Stumped, I opened the aforementioned books and started reading.
I´m going to try doing this "right". And vow to sew higher quality garments and put more of an effort into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home