Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The cabinet hasn´t fallen down yet...

it´s still hanging!
I managed to get some sewing done today: my polka dot crepe skirt has it´s lining attached, the buttonholes made and the buttons sewn on! All that´s left is the hem of the skirt and the lining. I´m going to do a chiffon hem on the crepe fabric and a "normal" turned up hem on the lining. Pics tomorrow.
I also finished taking the pictures of my fabrics. I rearranged them in my closet and uploaded the pics to flickr. Now, I´ll continue working on my storyboard. I need to decide on a matching top for the skirt.

After I finish my skirt, I´ll finish my green wrap dress (just needs a hem and the ties attached!).

For my vacation at the beginning of August I will be making a pair of shorts out of a navy blue polyester crepe and a pair of capri pants out of a navy blue stretch cotton with white polka dots. Then I need some tops to go with them. I have already found some suitable jerseys in my stash. I´ll be making some basic shirts, probably just one pattern with neckline variations (scoopneck, v-neck, boatneck). Tomorrow is my ma´s birthday, so I won´t be getting much done and after that, I really need to work on my presentation for the paper I have to present on July 17th...
But after that, there will be lots of holiday sewing!

Cheerio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home