Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

SWAP Update

Since my exam on friday, I´ve managed to sew a bit: the three knit tops of my wardrobe are done except for the hems. I need to take the twin needle for a little test drive as I have never used it on my new (6 months old) sewing machine. I am very happy with the twist-top and the turtleneck top, but the jury is still out on the silver sparkly knit top. I took pictures today but didn´t get a chance to upload them to flickr because it was my godchild´s birthday and I didn´t have time.
I already cut out the blouse and the fashion fabric for the red pencil skirt and the pinstripe skirt. The blouse is next on my list, because I´m still missing some stuff for the rest of the garments. Two fashion fabrics (5th top and 4th bottom), lining for 2 bottoms and the topper and some zippers, buttons and the likes. They should all be arriving in the next couple of days, so I´m not going to lose any time. I also bought some new fabrics (pics to come) and I can´t seem to keep my hands and mind off them, which could be really bad for the Wardrobe Contest. I´ll do my very best to stay focused, but I would really like a new fall jacket for October 10th (wine market in our town) and I just got a great brown and cream houndstooth faux fur, for which I have big plans! I´ll just see how far I can get this week with the SWAP and then I´ll decide whether I can fit the jacket in...
OK, tired as h***, gotta go!
Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home