Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

yeah yeah...

I really need to work on the regular blogging thing! Those tan pants? The wearable muslin? Not bad at all, the front part of the crotch seam is not the way it should be, need to take that in a bit. Then I need to hem it and add buttons (which I don´t have yet!)!
The third fabric in my last post (the one with the plastic dots on it)? Made a dress out of it. The pattern is McCalls 5752 and I actually like it, but I´ll have to change some things the next time. For one, the ruching over the stomach, which is really a good idea should actually cover your tummy! ;-)) The dress only needs a hem... I sense a theme here!

Aside from that, I haven´t been sewing much. I have been studying (not as much as I should have, given that my exam is September 18th) and just generally dealing with life!
As if I didn´t have enough on my plate right now, I joined the Wardrobe Contest over on PatternReview. I only did this because I noticed that I had aquired some fabrics recently that go really well with lots of stashed fabric. There were lots of different fabrics in greys, black, white and red. I tentatively started laying out a SWAP with everything (about 20 garments could be made as a corporate workwear collection) only to realize later that there was a contest running from September through November. 10 garments in 3 months, I thought, hmmm that would be possible, maybe... It´s going to be tough, especially since I will be in Australia for the last three weeks of November, which basically means that I need to finish everything the first week of November. We´ll see. If I don´t finish, I´ll finish later and have a great wardrobe to wear. Here is my storyboard for phase one:
WardrobeContest20092ndversion
According to the rules of the contest, every bottom has to match every top, so some of my favorite fabrics didn´t make the cut. But in phase 2 I´ll add every fabric and relax those rules so that not everything has to match, but I still have a fantastically versatile wardrobe. Here´s hoping! ;-)

Ok, I´m sleepy now, gotta go to bed!
Cheerio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home