Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Progress

I´m on the front bands of my Olympic sweater with the neck band and a sleeve to go! I had to rip out the left front band again due to serious miscalculation on my part... see for yourself:
something´s off

The body of the sweater is blocked already, some of the ends are woven in and I should be able to finish this till Sunday!

Pants galore
Pants Galore - remaining fabrics (6 of 8)
Here you see 6 of the original 8 fabrics. 2 have been used. The first pair of pants is a bit too small (no biggie, I´m losing weight anyways) but also a bit too high in the waist for my taste! Here are some pictures:
V1059 - Alice+Olivia

V1059 - Alice+Olivia - closeup front

The second one is almost finished. I barely had enough fabric, because it wasn´t very wide. I only need to sew the waistband to the pants, finish the crotch seam and hem the pants. These brown pants are made from the same pattern as the grey ones, I just shortened the waist, hopefully enough.

Mass production
All 10 knits washed and dried, waiting to be ironed. I´ll try the pattern out next sunday!
I need to leave soon for a seminar lasting through saturday afternoon. So I won´t be getting much done sewing wise until Sunday. But I plan on doing lots of sewing then... finish my brown pants, start and finish the first of 10 knit tops to get the fit right and start the assembly line for the remaining 9!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home