Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Friday, October 26, 2007

A fresh start!

Wow, it´s been quite a while since my last post here. Originally I started this blog as a sewing blog in german, since I live in Germany. After taking up knitting again and becoming addicted to a whole bunch of blogs (mostly in english) I decided to start posting here again. Since I used to live in the United States, I decided to write in english to keep my language skills up. Right now, I am writing my diploma thesis in economics parallel to my full time job at a bank, so my knitting time is pretty sparse. On the 30 minute train ride to work everyday I´m working on the second sock for my little bro.
It´ll probably take me a while to get this blog to do the things I want it to (like put buttons in the sidebar and make a gallery), so until then, you´ll have to bear with me. ;-)
One very cool thing I already did, was sign up for
http://www.ravelry.com/ after reading so much about it in soooo many blogs and the waitlist is huuuuuuuuuuuge!

Found you!
You signed up on Today
You are #49073 on the list.
13853 people are ahead of you in line.
10 people are behind you in line.
71% of the list has been invited so far


It will probably take a while before I get an invite, but hey I can wait!

Aside from the sock I have a few more WIPs and some UFO´s waiting desperately for me to give them some of my time.

WIP:
-
Interlocking cables from IWK out of a beautiful 2-stranded merino wool in camel from
Wolle-Halle (pictures will follow)

Ok, the rest of my unfinished stuff definitely qualifies as a UFO:
- fingerless mitts
Fetching out of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in red (I have already knit these
2 times for my best friend and my ma, the red ones are for me)
- a cable v-neck maritime sweater in red out of a cotton yarn from Lang yarns (the only thing
left is to sew the pieces together and knit the collar)
- a turtleneck out of ruby colored plastic ;-) (I just need to put the sleeves in but I am a little
reluctant since I am afraid that I won´t be wearing this acrylic monster...)

This post was a little crazy and unorganized, but I promise to do better next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home