Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pictures

Here are some pics of stuff I´ve been working on and some finished stuff:

This is my first sweater (still not finished). It´s plain stockinette stitch with 2x2 rib on the hems and the turtleneck and it´s 100% plastic!!! The only thing left to do is sew in the sleeves, but as I said before, I´m not sure I want to wear this thing, because it´s a bit scratchy...





Next is another sweater, this one is knit in a nice cable pattern in a maritime design. It´s 100% cotton from Lang yarns. I need to put it together and knit the collar.




This is my first pair of socks. Made out of 4-ply sock wool from a Buttinette surprise package called "Sydney". I don´t remember where I got the pattern from, it´s nothing special, just plain stockinette and a heel flap. It took me forever to finish them and to be honest: they still aren´t finished, but I love wearing them. I never got around to sewing in the loose ends, but I don´t really care! ;-)


I am making these socks for my little brother for Christmas (Regia 6-ply). The first one is almost finished, just need to close the stitches on the toes. This was my first try with the short-row heel and I have to say, I love it! The second one is on hold for the moment because my ma asked me to show her how to turn a heel, but we just can´t seem to find time for it. Until friday they were my commuter socks, but since I have to wait some more I cast on for a new pair today...



...These are Baudelaire from Knitty. The wool is "Sydney" from Buttinette again, the colors are really cool. This pair is for my mom (Christmas as well). I really like the pattern, it´s my first toe-up sock and I like being able to try it on as I go.



That´s it for now, I´ll post more pictures of other things I´m working on next week or so!


Please forgive my crappy pictures, I just can´t seem to gain control over my camera and my photo software.

EDIT: Pics don´t show, I´ll try again tomorrow, it´s getting late!
ANOTHER EDIT: I guess I´m not as stupid as I thought I was. I figured out how to add pictures to my blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home