Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Friday, November 23, 2007

Ooops, it´s been a long time

I´ve been meaning to post for a couple of days, but real life has me up to my elbows in stuff that comes before pleasure! Also, a couple of days ago I got my ravelry invite!!! Yeah!!! I have to say, that is some cool shit, what Jess and Casey pulled together there!!! So I´ve been busy snooping around ravelry and looking the beautiful stuff people are knitting.
In my little free time, there´s been knitting! And yarn buying...


Isn´t this a pretty still life? That´s 17 balls (one is already in use) of Siena 100% merino superwash from Wolle Rödel (6 each of off-white, tan and chocolate). They are intended for a nice comfy blanket for myself for the couch. It´s going to be a patchwork blanket out of a bunch of 10" solid colored squares each knit in a different stitch pattern. I already ordered 2 more balls of each color, because I´m thinking that those 18 balls won´t be enough.



Here´s the first square: 55 stitches, 5x5 rib, reverse every 7 rows.

This yarn is the big brother of Siena: Siena Big, also 100% superwash merino but a heavy worsted weight. The colors are really nice. A light lavender (pic is pretty accurate) and a dark purple. Each of these balls has a twin, but these are also already in use. They are destined to be a stripey hat. Pictures next time, I forgot... my bad!

My train sock is coming along nicely, I finished the heel today. I love how the diagonal line of the short row heel coincided with a color change.



The blue socks for my brother finally have two heels...Remember that I had to show my ma how to do a short-row heel, so this second sock got stuffed into the basket until last saturday. Now my mom is addicted to knitting again. She used to knit a whole bunch of stuff when I was little, but just picked up the needles again a couple of weeks ago. She´s already done with the first sock and almost to the heel on the second., making plans for a sweater...

When I showed her my Siena and Siena Big, all she could say was: "Siena Big, off-white, order, enough for big sweater". This stuff is so soft, it´s amazing!!

So my six balls of Siena are going to be accompanied by 16 balls of Siena Big. ;-))

It´s going to be really cool to stitch ´n bitch with my ma as soon as my damn thesis is finished. I´m on the homestretch and hoping to finish next week friday.

I´m sure I mentioned this before: I have been to Bonn twice in the last couple of weeks, talking to a company about a new job. They are very interested and the final meeting is in two weeks. Then I´ll know how much they´re offering. I haven´t made up my mind yet, but it would be interesting...

On the other hand, my boy and I have to lead a long-distance-relationship and I´m not sure if that´s an option right now. Well, actually I guess that´s really never an option, but we´ll have to talk it through, as soon as I have the contract from them. This is a big decision and I don´t know what to do... My head is so full of all of this stuff, I´m rambling and rambling... Sorry, if I´m boring you. I promise, things will get better in December!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home