Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Something old, something new...

Here are my finished socks, autumn leaves:



Specs:
Yarn: Buttinette "Sydney" no color name
Pattern: Baudelaire from Cookie A.
Needles: 2,5 mm metal dpns
Size: 35 for my ma
She already received them and is very happy with them.





Here´s my little ebay score: 100 satchets of Kool-aid. I´m really looking forward to dying my sock wool.






This here is a new sock I´ve cast on using 2,5mm Pony Pearls. These Pearls are a bit weird to knit with. But once you get used to the flexibility, they´re cool. I have a feeling that they are better for my hands and wrists than the metal dpns since I tend to knit pretty tight, which kills bamboo dpns on a regular basis. The yarn is Opal sock wool and I´m trying a pattern of my own. The cuff is a 2x2 rib, the leg you´ll see once I worked out, if the idea I have works. Since I want to find out how long it´s going to take me to knit a pair of socks when I work on it only outside the house, meaning on the train or waiting at the doctors office or things like that. Because of this, I need to have something small to work on at home which is why I cast on for these:



out of this book:
The yarn is Opal "Smoke" sock wool. It´s knit on 2mm bamboo dpns.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home