Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Holidays!

I have been meaning to post for some time, but there´s been so much going on these last couple of weeks...

Two packages found their way to my mailbox:

the first came from The Loopy Ewe. I ordered some sock yarn there, because I can´t seem to find sock yarn here that I like. So I ordered three different skeins. The service was great and the yarn came really quick. I had to cast on one of these skeins immediately. This is the Slippery sock from the new Knitty in Woolly Boully, colorway wisteria:



The color in the first pic is closer to reality but the pattern shows better in the second one. I love this sock yarn and I adore this pattern!! It´s amazing!

The other two sock yarns are: Colinette "Jitterbug" in "fruit coulis" (top) and Chewy Spaghetti in "vintage" (bottom)

This package came at exactly the right time, because I just finished my train socks ( I have to figure out a new name for them!):

Sorry, the pictures are crummy, but I accidentally deleted all of the pics on my camera right before transferring them to the computer... Yeah, I know, that was stupid! ;-)))

Anyway, I didn´t feel like repeating the photoshoot.

The second package came from colourmart. I had ordered these cones of laceweights (2-plys) just a couple of days ago.

They are, from left to right: a 100% silk in aqua (it´s a marl of a darker and a lighter blue and absolutely gorgeous!), a 100% cashmere in vermillion (bright red), a 55/45 cashmere silk blend in grasshopper (it´s really really bright!) and a 65/35 cash/silk blend in indigo. All of these are 150gr. cones with over 2000 yards each. I can´t wait to cast something on with one of them, but since I have no idea what I want to make, they will have to wait!

I hope all of you had a fantastic christmas, I sure know I did!

On the morning of the 24th, we met with all of our friends in our usual pub for a little christmas celebration, went home around 5. Then I went to church with my mom and my brother. During that time my boyfriend finished cooking and after church we all sat down and had a nice evening. After that, Frank and I went to a friend´s house for the rest of the night. This is a tradition and a lot of our friends always meet there. On Christmas Day, we went there again. This get-together is also a tradition. Everybody brings something, like salmon, cheese or ham. We drink too much wine, listen to really cool music or watch dvds and generally have a great time. I knit on my sock, which generated a lot of weird looks, because I don´t think the guys had ever seen someone knit except their grandmas or mothers...

Today, we did some work in the study. The last of the bookcase was organized and I reorganized my stash. Then we did some family visits to distribute the rest of the presents.

Now, we´re just laying on the couch watching stupid movies.

On my needles at the moment are the slippery socks and the fifth square of my blanket. I had to frog my interlocking cables sweater, because I could have fit in that thing twice! So next time I´m going to swatch!

I´m getting hungry now, so I better go warm up some leftovers! See ya!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home