Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Lace...

In a serious case of big-headedness or hybris, I´ve always thought that I would do better knitting lace than all those knitters who say stuff like: "Knitting lace is something not suited for watching tv or bitching with your best friend!" or "I always have to start over at least 5 times because counting to 5 (or 3 or 15) is just so difficult" or "Lace looks like shit before it is blocked"...
Well, let me tell you I suddenly became very very small! All of those things are true and I am going through them (suffering actually). I have ripped and ripped and ripped and it looks really shitty, but I´m trying to endure and hope it blocks out!
Oh, btw I cast on for the Spring Things shawl in a cash/silk blend from colourmart in indigo! I like the pattern, the yarn but not my knitting but I´ll try to finish it and block it before judging...

Pics tomorrow, too lazy and too tired for the camera now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home