Ribb-it!

My blog about how I try knitting without too many trips to the frog pond. An occasional sewing project might find it´s way in here also!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wow

This is my first day of about 9 weeks off work. I start my new job October 1st and had my last day at the old one yesterday. It was very weird to be cleaning out my desk and saying goodbye to everyone. My co-workers from my department even gave me a farewell gift: a Samsonite trolley and matching carry-on bag, since they knew, that in the job I will be traveling about 4 days a week! I was totally overwhelmed.


So now I´m home with a whole lotta stuff to do. I have to take 3 exams in September, so there will be tons of studying at Casa de Ribb-it! There will definitely be knitting and possibly sewing since that bug has rebitten me a couple of days ago. I desperately want to take up spinning and weaving, but I´m making myself wait... I promised myself, if I stick to my schedule of studying and getting things done around the house, I would be allowed to buy a weaving loom (thinking of an Ashford rigid heddle loom) in September. The spinning wheel will have to wait until I´m done with my economics diploma (which will be March 2009, if all goes as planned).

I really want to get blogging into my routine from now on, so I hereby resolve to blog every day until the end of September with the exception of August 3rd to August 14th, as we will be driving and wandering around Ireland during that time! Another resolution: no stash enhancement until I get to Ireland. There I will possibly fall for some wool, we´ll see!

On to my knitting:


PICT0295






This is my Interlocking cables or to be more precise, a sleeve and the body on stitch holders until the second sleeve is done so I can join it all and knit the huge collar. The second sleeve is cast on, but on the wrong size needle. This is just sitting on the couch in my office/fiber room waiting for attention but I´ve got other sirens calling louder...


PICT0293



This is Starsky or better two fronts and to sleeves plus a little tiny bit of the back. I also started the belt which is so boring that I can only work on it about ten minutes at a time... here´s a close up of the banana leaf pattern:






PICT0294



The yarn is Mmmmmalabrigo in frost grey bought here (excellent service and very nice: the owner sent me 8 skeins for the price of seven because he said each skein weighs a little less than 100gr.) I really like the yarn it´s soft but will probably pill like hell, but so far, it´s lookin´ good!



For the sensitive, please look away because here I show you the gory details of a fiber related accident I had at Blue Moon Fiber Arts:

PICT0297

PICT0300
PICT0298PICT0299PICT0291

These are (in order of appearance): Socks That Rock lightweight in the Knitters without Borders colorway, STR mediumweight in Chapman Springs, Firebird, Jade and Tanzanite (already half of this). I think I may have found my favourite sock yarn! I´m in love!!!

Oops, I´m late for my monthly allergies shot!

C ya tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home